What is a secure browser?
A secure browser is a web browser with enhanced security measures. If you try to open a phishing or fraudulent site, a secure browser will block it before it happens so you can browse the web in peace.
The need for a secure browser
Advertisers or websites can identify you based on your online habits, your device and your browser settings. In this case, you will get a lot of unwanted and targeted ads.
In addition to the usual personal information, important information such as user IDs, payment accounts and credit card passwords are also collected. You will never know who will get your digital information or what they will do with your personal information.
Simply using a regular VPN will only hide your real IP address, location and online activity. In this case, personal information such as the websites you visit, your username and password can be collected and stored using cookies. Thus, a VPN combined with a secure browser is considered the most reliable measure of online security.
A review of the 9 most secure browsers
Here are some of the most secure browsers you can use to protect your privacy:
Safe Browser #1: Google Chrome Benefits:
- Warns the user when they are about to open a phishing or malicious site. - Malware cannot be installed automatically. - Automatic updates allow users to fix security flaws. - Easy to use with a concise user interface. - High compatibility. Disadvantages: - Can track user data in the browser.
Safe Browser #2: Firefox Quantum
- Many privacy features such as cyberattack protection, anti-tracking protection, etc. - Can customize settings to suit your needs. - Regularly updated to fix security flaws.
Safe Browser #3: Opera
Benefits: - Built-in ad blocker can be set manually. - A built-in VPN feature provides better privacy protection. - It's free. Disadvantages: - Only three VPN points are available. - Some of the user's personal information may be collected and shared. - It is not open source and therefore less transparent.
Safe Browser #4: Microsoft Edge
Benefits: - Has a browsing mode called InPrivate, in which web browsing history, cookies, and temporary files are not tracked. - This safe browser does not benefit from selling targeted ads. - Detection rates for malware and suspicious sites are higher than Chrome and Firefox. - Regular updates are released, so security vulnerabilities can be fixed quickly. Disadvantages: - It's easy to hack.
Safe Browser #5: Safari
- Identifies advertisers and prevents tracking. - Detects malicious code and helps avoid malware infections. - Warns users if they are about to open a suspicious website. - Has a private browsing feature. Disadvantages: - May have more security bugs than other browsers.
Safe Browser #6: Waterfox
- Developed from Firefox's open-source code, but offers more privacy protection than Firefox. - Allows you to wipe online data on your system without extensions. - It is easy to use for those who are used to the Firefox browser.
Safe Browser #7: Brave
- Comes with many privacy features such as built-in ad blocker, anti-tracking, script blocker, password manager and one-click fingerprint protection. - Can automatically update its connection to HTTPS. - It is a Chromium-based browser, and you can use most of the extensions available in Chrome. - You can customize this browser's security settings to suit your needs.
Safe Browser #8: Tor
- Allows you to browse websites anonymously. - Deletes all cookies when you close your browser. - You can use an HTTPS connection to access blocked sites. - You can encrypt your real IP address, location, browsing data, and online activity. - You can customize every feature. - Free maintenance. Disadvantages: - The connection is very slow, so it's not good for watching videos. - If you change the settings, you might compromise your privacy. And some settings can only be changed by experienced users. - It is a bit difficult to use. - If you access the darknet, you may be exposed to cyberattacks.
Safe Browser #9: Epic
- Works only in private browsing mode. - Does not track by default. - Deletes cookies, tracking data, and search data after browsing is complete. - No IP address or other personal data leakage. - SSL connection provides a secure connection to public Wi-Fi and provides built-in ad blocking. Disadvantages: - You can only install a few add-ons. - Long download times for web sites.
Recommendation of the safest browser [Don't miss]
Above are 9 of the safest browsers that can improve your online safety. Each has its own advantages, but there is no perfect safe browser.